Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Warnell & Sara

I met Sara when she was in Undergrad @ Imacculata college. She went to school with a friend who I have known since 7th grade, so over the years through our mutual friend I would see her from time to time. We were always friendly (she's a very pleasant person) but there was no romance. She always had a boyfriend, and commitment was the last thing on my mind @ that age. A few years after her graduation we're both out for our mutual friend's birthday. We were @ the Fox and The Hound in KOP enjoying cocktails to celebrate. After a few swigs of liquid courage, I made my way over to her and she seemed really excited. Bright and pleasant as she always is, I instantly felt calm around her; her warmth was palpable. We exchanged numbers that night and started to chat on the phone and over email. About 2 weeks later, she was having some friends over and asked if I would help her move furniture around her home. I agreed, and our first date involved her on her knees... mopping the kitchen floor and me with a vacuum cleaner. Shit doesn't GET more romantic! But, it was the most fun I ever had cleaning. It got late and I ended up spending the night and even managed to behave myself. We had the party the next day which went well for the most part -- not to be sexist, but whenever you assemble 8 or more girls there WILL be drama. The end of the evening came and I went to kiss her goodbye and she cried. So I stayed. That party was four years ago. I'm not leaving. Ever.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for asking Warnell to do this. I nearly cried, but I am at work. Although that hasn't stopped me before. THis meant a lot to me! Love you T.
    xoxo

    Sara

    ReplyDelete